Make this Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad to go alongside any dinner. Brussels sprouts, apple, dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese tossed in a lemon dijon vinaigrette.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD
While Roasted Brussels sprouts are a great way to enjoy the cruciferous veggie, this Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad will be a new favorite. An easy summer salad you can make in less than 15 minutes.
Tart, crunchy, sweet, earthy and creamy. This salad has a little bit of everything your tastebuds desire.
- Shaved brussel sprouts are the base of this salad. You can buy them already shaved in the grocery store. Or you can shave them with the grating tab of your food processor, a mandoline, or with a knife.
- This recipe calls for a granny smith apple, the tartness pairs well with this salad. Feel free to use whatever kind you have on hand.
- Dried cranberries can be swapped with dried cherries for a slightly sweeter version.
- Pecans or almonds can be used in place of the walnuts. Sunflower seeds are great as a nut free alternative.
SALAD STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This salad is best eaten right away. If preparing ahead of time, cut and add the apples and dressing just before serving.
Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Whisk before using.
MORE FRESH SALAD RECIPES:
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cups shaved brussel sprouts
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup roasted salted walnuts
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Add the shallot, garlic, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Next add the dijon and thyme and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until the dressing is fully emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
- Storage: Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Whisk before using.
- Add the brussel sprouts, apple, cranberries, walnuts, and goat cheese to a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately.
- Storage: This salad is best enjoyed immediately after it is made– the apples will brown as it sits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 13mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 6gSugar 18gProtein 10g
Nutritional information on Eat Salad Every Day is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.