This PEAR AND ROCKET SALAD is a fresh winter salad. A blend of pears, rocket (aka arugula), almonds and parmesan reggiano in a simple vinaigrette.
This is a super fresh Winter/Fall salad. The blend of peppery arugula, nutty almonds, sweet pears, earthy cheese and tangy vinaigrette tastes great as a light meal or alongside almost any main dish.
Grana Padano can be used in place of Parmesan.
Honeycrisp apples can be used in place of pears.
Fresh greens can be used instead of arugula.
- 4 oz of rocket (arugula) salad - washed and dried
- 1 Medium Pear ( sliced into half moons)
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese - shaved
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ spoon of Dijon mustard
- Toast the sliced almonds in the frying pan for 2-3 minutes till golden color.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Put rocket salad on the plate or in a large salad bowl.
- Top with pear, almonds and shaved cheese.
- Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of the dressings and toss gently.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
This recipe makes 1 salad, increase ingredient amounts for multiple salads.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 811Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 49mgSodium 1095mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 10gSugar 36gProtein 23g
Nutritional information on Eat Salad Every Day is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.