This Raw Zucchini Salad is a fresh Summer Salad full of veggies. Zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, parsley and onion tossed with a fresh thyme vinaigrette.
FRESH SUMMER VEGETABLE ZUCCHINI SALAD
This summertime raw zucchini salad is a great way to use up an abundance of fresh zucchini and tomatoes. A combination of fresh veggies tossed in a simple vinaigrette dressing pairs well with any meal. Prep this salad 2 hours before your meal, as the veggies marinate in the vinaigrette they will soften slightly.
Add quinoa, pasta, rice, bulgar or couscous to make this salad a meal.
Add any extra fresh garden vegetables you have on hand.
Any type of tomato will work in place of the mini heirloom tomatoes.
Use your favorite dressing if preferred. Or, check out this HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING RECIPE.
MORE FRESH SALAD RECIPES:
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint miniature heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together until equally distributed.
- In a jar, shake together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving.
Allowing the salad to chill for 2 hours in the dressing helps to soften the veggies slightly. If adding pasta or grains, do so just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on Eat Salad Every Day is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.