Make this Panzanella Salad Recipe when you are in the mood for something fresh, flavorful and filling. Crusty bread, tomatoes, corn, cucumber, onion, basil and cheese in an oil/vinegar dressing.
TUSCAN BREAD SALAD
This version of a Tuscan Bread Salad has a summertime vibe with fresh corn and blue cheese for a unique twist.
WHAT IS PANZANELLA?
Panzanella is a Tuscan salad of stale bread, onions and tomatoes. It often includes cucumbers sometimes basil and is dressed with olive oil/vinegar.
Feel free to omit the corn and blue cheese for a more traditional salad.
Blue cheese can be swapped with parmesan, mozzarella or any other cheese you prefer.
MORE FRESH SALAD RECIPES:
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, chopped (if using cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 ears lightly roasted or grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 English cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles (or preferred cheese)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a small jar or bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mustard, and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is crispy on the outside and golden.
- Next, either toss the bread with the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl or mix directly on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle with dressing over the salad and toss again. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 20mgSodium 676mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 11g
Nutritional information on Eat Salad Every Day is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.