Eat restaurant quality salad right at home with this Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe. A wedge of iceberg lettuce slathered with homemade blue cheese dressing, bacon, tomatoes and pecans.
Blue Cheese Salad
This salad is great for serving at dinner parties or on holidays because it is a show-stopper. Straight out of a fancy steak house, this wedge salad has all of the fresh flavors you could want.
Iceberg Lettuce is what you want to use for this salad. Regular salads are a little more flexible with the type of lettuce, but for a wedge salad iceberg is necessary.
HOW TO CLEAN LETTUCE WEDGES:
To clean the lettuce, cut into wedges and run water over each wedge while holding the lettuce together. Place the wedges into a salad spinner with the wedges on their sides. Gently spin to allow the water to drip from the lettuce. Or, lettuce can be place cut side down on paper towels to drip dry.
SALAD TOPPING IDEAS:
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce, cut into wedges, rinsed well
- 1 cup Cooked Chopped Bacon
- 16 ounces Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Sliced Green Onions
- Blue Cheese Dressing:
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ⅓ cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk (or shake) to combine.
- Place the wedges of lettuce onto a platter or individual serving plates.
- Pour dressing over the lettuce wedges and sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, pecans, and green onions. Serve.
The dressing can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to 3 days prior to serving. To thin, add additional buttermilk or milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 30mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 8g
Nutritional information on Eat Salad Every Day is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.